RE: Using curl with stunnel

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 22:28:41 +0000

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014, Config wrote:

> Test thru Stunnel:

C:\Curl\curl_735_0_ssl\curl.exe -O C:\example.txt -v -u myuser:mypw
pop3://127.0.0.2:129/

In the 2 and half years I've been enhancing the email protocols within curl
it's not something I've ever tried or come across for that matter :-/

> Possibly I could use the curl ssl feature, but not sure if
> I could ever get that figured out.

I would suggest you try that first as it takes a third party piece of
software out of the debugging process. For example:

curl.exe -O C:\example.txt -v -u myuser:mypw pop3s://mail.cotse.net
--insecure

Note:

[1] - The use of pop3s rather than pop3 as the protocol - the default port
of which is 995
[2] - The use of --insecure (short version is -k). This isn't a
configuration I would recommend but it will get you going, and regularly use
it myself for quick tests as it bypasses the security checks that are would
normally be performed in association with --cacert and --capath

Kind Regards

Steve