Re: Conditions for CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE (18)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 23:09:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013, Michael-O wrote:

>> Yes, if there's data left in a chunk when the transfer ends. A broken last
>> chunk.
>
> Thanks a lot. I would have expected the docs to be clearer in the case of
> chunked transfer or at least mention chunked transfer in contrast to
> fixed-size Content-Length.

Really? I just checked curl.1 and libcurl-errors.3 and they mention "Partial
file. Only a part of the file was transferred" and "A file transfer was
shorter or larger than expected." etc. None of them mentions nor implies that
Content-Length checking is the (only) way. Also, the return code actually
works for non-HTTP protocols as well...

But please, feel free to suggest a modified wording you think would explain
this better!