Re: Downloads page and Cygwin

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 23:20:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, Václav Zeman wrote:

> Cygwin packages repository usually keeps at least two versions, sometimes
> three. There is the current version, previous version and some times testing
> version. Then (recently) there are two sets these, one for x86 and another
> for AMD64.
>
> How does your script scan the version? Where does it take the information
> from?

Whereever we point it to. As you can see the download page did update when I
changed what it scans for.

It now scans:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/x86/release/curl/curl-$version-1.tar.bz2

and

http://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/x86/release/curl/libcurl4/libcurl4-$version-1.tar.bz2

... and it'll do it for the last N versions in a reversed cronological order,
which makes it find the newest one first.

Previously it did a regex scan for a pattern, but that was trickier since the
older version would appear first in all pages!