Re: Downloads page and Cygwin

From: Václav Zeman <vhaisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 23:14:10 +0100

On 11/03/2013 09:47 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2013, Václav Zeman wrote:
>
>> The Cygwin curl package is on version 7.32.0 now. The page needs
>> updating.
>
> Right, but there's a minor problem. We have a script that scans for new
> versions nightly, and in the cygwin places they list two versions and
> our script detects and gets satisfied with the first match...
>
> Do you happen to know why they insist on having two versions?
Cygwin packages repository usually keeps at least two versions,
sometimes three. There is the current version, previous version and some
times testing version. Then (recently) there are two sets these, one for
x86 and another for AMD64.

How does your script scan the version? Where does it take the
information from?

--
VZ