Re: Curl support fragmentation for tcp?

From: Alex Bligh <alex_at_alex.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:32:45 +0100

On 26 Aug 2013, at 07:10, Michael Chan wrote:

> Yes I wanted ip fragmentation. I tried multiple ways to send out packets using tcp, but they always send out according to my mtu of the interface. I wanted to know if I can send data to L3 IP layer that causes the data to be fragmented. I was able to achieve it with UDP, but not TCP. Basically I want L3 to think that the packet is greater than its MTU causing IP fragmentation.

Your tcp stack will always choose a maximum segment size
which fits within the MTU. That's nothing to do with curl.
It's part of the TCP standard.

You may be able to fiddle around with MSS in your OS to
achieve the (rather strange) result you want. This will
no doubt depend on your OS.

--
Alex Bligh