building from source

From: Jeff Shearer, CISA, CISSP <jeffshearer_at_trustedtechpro.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 07:12:20 -0800

I am building a Moodle server with all dependencies built from source.
This is my first time building software from source to this extent so I
have some learning to go. After running make test, I received the
following messages:

TESTDONE: 628 tests out of 635 reported OK: 98%
TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 20 507 526 527 532 534 546
TESTDONE: 779 tests were considered during 562 seconds.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/userid/installs/curl-7.28.1/tests.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/userid/installs/curl-7.28.1.

What does this mean? Do I need to fix something and if so how?

I ran ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl and received this really
nice report:

curl version: 7.28.1
  Host setup: i386-unknown-freebsd8.2
  Install prefix: /usr/local
  Compiler: gcc
  SSL support: enabled (OpenSSL)
  SSH support: no (--with-libssh2)
  zlib support: enabled
  krb4 support: no (--with-krb4*)
  GSSAPI support: no (--with-gssapi)
  SPNEGO support: no (--with-spnego)
  TLS-SRP support: no (--enable-tls-srp)
  resolver: default (--enable-ares / --enable-threaded-resolver)
  ipv6 support: enabled
  IDN support: no (--with-{libidn,winidn})
  Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=yes
  Built-in manual: enabled
  --libcurl option: enabled (--disable-libcurl-option)
  Verbose errors: enabled (--disable-verbose)
  SSPI support: no (--enable-sspi)
  ca cert bundle: no
  ca cert path: no
  LDAP support: no (--enable-ldap / --with-ldap-lib /
--with-lber-lib)
  LDAPS support: no (--enable-ldaps)
  RTSP support: enabled
  RTMP support: no (--with-librtmp)
  metalink support: no (--with-libmetalink)
  Protocols: DICT FILE FTP FTPS GOPHER HTTP HTTPS IMAP IMAPS POP3
POP3S RTSP SMTP SMTPS TELNET TFTP

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jeff Shearer, CISA, CISSP