Patch to make Metalink and SecureTransport get along

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 17:28:09 -0600

I hope I got the right list for this…

It was brought to my attention on the libcurl list that Metalink support didn't work unless curl was built using OpenSSL or GnuTLS. Sure enough, they were right.

I've attached a patch that makes it so that curl builds cleanly when compiled --with-darwinssl and --with-libmetalink. I've tested it, too, and it seems to work as expected. It does not use OpenSSL; it uses the OS CommonCrypto library, which turns out to be backward-compatible with OpenSSL when used to generate digests.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>