Re: Metalink support patch for curl

From: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:33:48 +0900

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that we need version check API, say,
>> metalink_check_version in libmetalink
>
> Yes something like the function you mention, that returns
> libmetalink's major, minor and patch version numbers for code calling
> said function. I'm mentioning that version scheme given that it is the
> one already used in libmetalink.pc.
>
>> and do runtime version check
>> from curl code invoking the new API. Is it correct?
>
> Yes. libmetalink run-time version check only needs to be done in curl
> when option --metalink is used. In case version numbers are lower than
> some specific version then curl should abort right away.

I added metalink_check_version function for this purpose.
The attached patch 0002 adds the code which invokes the function when
--metalink is used. If version requirement is not satisfied, abort the
program.

In libmetalink, I added new include file metalink/metalink.h which
includes all header files of public libmetalink headers. The patch
0001 makes use of it instead of including individual header file.

I also updated filename check function in libmetalink so that test2017
to 2022 pass.

Best regards,

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa