Re: Metalink support patch for curl

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 20:17:39 +0200

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that we need version check API, say,
> metalink_check_version in libmetalink

Yes something like the function you mention, that returns
libmetalink's major, minor and patch version numbers for code calling
said function. I'm mentioning that version scheme given that it is the
one already used in libmetalink.pc.

> and do runtime version check
> from curl code invoking the new API. Is it correct?

Yes. libmetalink run-time version check only needs to be done in curl
when option --metalink is used. In case version numbers are lower than
some specific version then curl should abort right away.

Thanks,

--
-=[Yang]=-