Re: metalink support

From: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:03:43 +0900

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:

> I did just read the discussion on the curl-users list online, and see that
> indeed you're discussing the exact same issue as I brought up, and that
> Tatsuhiro also already proposed a change of the --metalink option ...
> so treat my longly reply in same context, and only thing which might to be
> considered is what I already suggested in my thread:
> perhaps lets store the metalink data in a temp file, and remove it
> afterwards; there's no need to clutter local disk with that stuff once the
> download finished successfully ...

In the patch set I made yesterday and Yang kindly merged them quickly,
Metalink XML data is now processed in memory and not dumped to disk if
--metalink is used. No more -O or -o options needed.
Thank you for this idea, I think this is more elegant and simpler solution.

Best regards,

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa