Re: curl: (52) Empty reply from server

From: Ajay <stealthu471_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 06:53:09 -0700

Daniel,

In order to recreate the situation you are facing, I deliberate made typed
"http" in the URL, instead of "https", then I am getting the error that I
have pasted below.

Please check whether your web browser is filling it up as "http". If it is
so, then it will redirect you to the following URL
https://www.tvg.com/page/nonCompliantBrowser?popup=1
and one might assume that it is taking "https". Please try typing
explicitly "https", i.e
https://www.tvg.com
I think that it will then work.

Thanks for your help,
Ajay

"TVG currently offers the best experience on the following browsers:

   - Internet Explorer 7 and later (MS Windows only) (Download
IE<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx>
   )
   - Chrome 11 and later(Download Chrome <http://www.google.com/chrome/>)
   - Firefox 3 and later (Download
Firefox<http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/>
   )
   - Mac Safari 4 and later (Download
Safari<http://www.apple.com/safari/download/>
   )

If you would like to continue to TVG.com using your current browser, click
here. <https://www.tvg.com/index.php> Please note that some of the features
may not work correctly on unsupported browsers.

For the best experience on TVG.com, please download one of the above
browsers or view our alternate site at http://mobile.tvg.com If you have
any questions, please contact TVG Customer Relations at 1-888-PLAY-TVG
(752-9884)."