Curl problem on windows

From: Wisner, LeonardX P <leonardx.p.wisner_at_intel.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:49:41 +0000

Hi There,

I am brand new to this arena. In my research to implement a build process in AWS I have come across the need to have curl in several places.

I have installed the curl.exe but it doesn't seem to be able to communicate to the outside network. Below is a transcript from a cmd window based on a sanity check from the aws.pl script:

C:\Users\sys_buildmml\Desktop>curl -q -v --insecure --dump-header - http://conn
ection.s3.amazonaws.comection.s3.amazonaws.com
* About to connect() to connection.s3.amazonaws.comection.s3.amazonaws.com port
80 (#0)
* Trying 207.171.187.118... Timed out
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

C:\Users\sys_buildmml\Desktop>curl -q -v --insecure --dump-header - http://conn
ection.s3.amazonaws.comection.s3.amazonaws.com
* About to connect() to connection.s3.amazonaws.comection.s3.amazonaws.com port
80 (#0)
* Trying 207.171.187.118... Timed out
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

C:\Users\sys_buildmml\Desktop>curl -q -v --insecure --dump-header - http://conn
ection.s3.amazonaws.comection.s3.amazonaws.com
* About to connect() to connection.s3.amazonaws.comection.s3.amazonaws.com port
80 (#0)
* Trying 207.171.185.201... Timed out
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

I noted that at least three IP addresses are attempted in no particular order or pattern. I have no idea where curl is getting these addresses:

207.171.187. 118
207.171.185.201
207.171.189.81

I get the same result on 2 machines and am operating on a network outside the intel firewall.

Can anyone help me on this? I gotta get this going.

Thanks,

Len