Re: FTP Weirdness

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:26:30 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012, Charlie Bursell wrote:

> TclCurl Version 7.19.0 , libcurl 7.19.3
>
> FTP from Unix to Windows, ASCII mode I think.

You "think" ? curl does binary transfers by default. Did you tell it to do
ASCII?

> * Uploaded unaligned file size (5390 out of 5389 bytes)
> * Connection #0 to host xxx.xxx.xx left intact
>
> I note that the last character in the data being transferred is a Carriage
> Return (Hex 0D). Is the mismatch because Windows adds a Line Feed (Hex 0A)
> to the Carriage Return? Seems like cURL would handle that?

Yes, line endings should be converted by KNOWN_BUGS #21 lists FTP ASCII as not
being fully supported as it doesn't do character translations quite in the way
the FTP spec says.

But if these are the line endings, 5390 bytes seems very much for only 9
lines?

curl 7.19.3 is also 17 releases and soon three years old.