Re: questions about easy interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:43:32 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, JK Chen wrote:

> 1. How to set up a timer so that when timeout expires, application can
> decide to quit. (using easy interface)

The easy interface implies you use libcurl, then please use the curl-library
list instead!

CURLOPT_TIMEOUT is the option for a maximum time to allow a request to take.

> 2. In the multiple thread sample program, you have used the same IO within
> each thread, do you need not protect the access of the same IO?

The same IO? I don't think the 10-at-a-time example code uses anything in an
unsafe manner than isn't safe.

> 3. If doing multiple thread each with callback writing to memory, you would
> need multiple version of the same callback function?

No...

> If not, you would need to synchronize the function?

If the functions would attempt to write to a common place then you would need
some kind of lock/mutex/synch, yes.