Re: Is libcurl event based?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 18:41:38 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011, JK Chen wrote:

First, you really should ask and discuss libcurl on the curl-library mailing
list, as this list is for the curl tool. Please take follow-ups to that
mailing list!

> Is there a way to organize the libcurl part to be event-based and
> non-blocking?

Yes there is. See: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_multi_socket_action.html
and the MULTI_SOCKET section of
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.html.

> I don't see event in the documentation. Progress is not event, right?

No, that's a callback.

> WriteFunction is the same as event?

That's also a callback.

> The application need to be professional grade.

I'm not sure exactly what that means (and I've worked with software
development as my profession for just about 20 years), but there are more than
a few companies that seem to think libcurl is good enough:

   http://curl.haxx.se/docs/companies.html