Re: Curl (cl tool) static linked

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 23:43:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011, Dominic Fischer wrote:

> What id like to have is:
> curl with following libraries linked statically:
> - libcurl
> - gnutls
> - nettle (used by gnutls)
>
> With your configure command only the libcurl gets statically linked in it.

I'd suggest you build everything just normally, which will get you both a
static and a shared libcurl version.

Then you just make sure you invoke gcc/ld properly and link whatever you want
exactly the way you want it, using the correct set of options as documented in
man pages and helpful articles and books. It is really not very curl specific
at all.

Building statically will require that you properly list all static libs and
their dependencies in the correct order on the command line.