Re: Including non-standard -I directories fails

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:02:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, 1983-01-06_at_gmx.net wrote:

>> Why? It is included witht -isystem instead. Why is that good enough?

> If it is supposed to be like that? I an not a make/C expert. Fixing it
> manually make it work. That's what puzzles me.

To me that seems to indicate a bug in your gcc version.

We convert -I to -isystem for some things to make the headers included from
that path to be treated as system headers by gcc. It has the advantage that
for example gcc will ignore more problems/nits that aren't really ours.

>> What gcc version is this?
>
> $ gcc --verbose --verbose
> gcc version 4.2.2 20070831 prerelease [FreeBSD]

The version closest to 4.2.2 for which I found docs for is 4.2.4 and it
clearly documents -isystem:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/Preprocessor-Options.html#Preprocessor-Options

So to sum up: I don't know why your gcc needs -isystem converted to -I. It
shouldn't!