Re: cURL: request to change the default subject line

From: Carmel <carmel_ny_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:54:39 -0400

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:35:54 -0400
Blake <galaxywatcher_at_gmail.com> articulated:

> I would like to suggest that the Subject line for new threads to this
> list always have the word cURL: at the beginning of the subject line
> so that the source is immediately detected in the inbox. I say new
> threads because a reply to an email will have "Re: cURL..." which is
> fine, and we don't want: "Curl: Re: cURL: Re: cURL" ad nauseum.
>
> As it stands, these messages blend in with my growing daily inbound
> emails and I have to visually scan the To: line to see what this
> email is about.

Perhaps you might want to invest in an MUA that can scan the "List-Id"
line and then sort the message to a distinct folder. Or, perhaps just
highlight/color the item in the INBOX or wherever you have your
messages routinely filed.

However, it appears that you are using GMail so your options are
severely limited. I have heard that they have some sort of rudimentary
sorting/filing options available. Perhaps you might want to investigate
that option if you are welded to their web interface.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny_at_hotmail.com