Re: Download mp3 over rtmp on windows

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:19:34 +0200

"Andy Dodd" <andy_at_fleured.com> wrote:

> I've attached a copy of the mp3 that I receive in case it's useful (it won't
> play). I have also checked and the original mp3 (retrieved via ftp) does
> work.

There is no problem here playing your attached test.mp3. If I play it in
"WinAmp" or "Windows Media Player", it does sound rather distorted, but
in 4NT's "playsound" is sounds clear and crisp. I think the trouble is that
the file isn't a MP3, but rather another codec (FLV?) disgusted as a MP3.

From the "playsound" docs:
  PLAYSOUND "plays" MP3, .WAV, Midi (.MID) and other types of sound files for
  which Windows has an appropriate decoder or "codec" installed. It determines
  the file type automatically from its contents, not its file extension, so it can
  play sound files which have an unknown file extension.

What the codec is when I play it, I have no idea.

--gv