Download mp3 over rtmp on windows

From: Andy Dodd <andy_at_fleured.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:30:10 +0100

Hi

I'm having a small issue that I hope someone can help me with.

I'm trying to download and mp3 file from an rtmp stream. I get the file but
it is no longer a playable mp3.

The command line I'm using is:

C:\CURL\bin\curl -o test.mp3 rtmp://<my host name>/<my dir
structure>/****.mp3

(I've replaced the identifiable information for this post).

I've attached a copy of the mp3 that I receive in case it's useful (it won't
play). I have also checked and the original mp3 (retrieved via ftp) does
work.

I think that this issue is something to do with the transfer method, I
suspect windows carries out an ascii transfer by default but I have been
unable to force it to do the transfer in binary.

I've also noticed a variation in the received file size which is a bit
concerning. The attached file is the size that most commonly arrives.

Cheers

Andy