Re: Fwd: Facing an issue while doing FTP download for large file size:

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:51:56 -0700

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 04:17:51PM +0530, lakshmi wrote:
> Now, the problem is there are list of curl API's in the below source
> code .. confused which to include and which not to in my piece of
> program !
> But i tried to include an API called "curl_easy_setopt(hnd,
> CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD, 0)", which downloads only 4KB from a given
> 56KB file !
> I even mentioned the number of bytes as third parameter to the API
> which din't work!
>
> Please suggest me as to which API's will be related for download of files??

You have read the documentation, haven't you? As you've no doubt discovered,
there are hundreds of options available, and they ALL have something to do
with transferring files. That's what libcurl is all about, after all.
The documentation will explain, for example, that the third parameter in
the curl_easy_setopt call for CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD is not the number
of bytes, as well as what all the other options in the --libcurl output
are for.

>>> Dan