Re: curl with proxy problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:02:19 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Robert Koziol wrote:

> If there are no problems with the browser - it shouldn't be any problems
> with curl, is it?

Normally, no. But browsers can do lots of things and curl does not do all of
them. Like for example javascript or reacting to meta tags in HTML etc.

> And all I have got is the 404 error in the document. When I enter this
> webaddress in my browser (using the proxy) - i have a proper page of the
> bookmaker with some basketball events.
>
> Anyone could point me where to look for a solution?

Yes: use curl's "--trace-ascii logfile" option to get all the gory details,
and then you use LiveHTTPHeaders (or similar) in your browser and record the
full request. Then you compared the browser session with your curl command
line's traffic and see if you spot what's different and how to adjust it to
work.