Re: Problem with router

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 22:39:54 -0700

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:22:32PM -0300, Media Solutions wrote:
> I use pasive FTP.
> The string to connect that I use is (obvius, the user, pass and FTP
> server are ficticious in this example):
>
> curl -v -T report_2010.html --disable-epsv --ftp-pasv
> --ftp-create-dirs -u user:pass
> ftp://ftpserver.com/public_html/reporte_mensual.html
>
> With this string, I connect and upload succesfuly without router in
> middle, but with router between PC and modem, fail to connect.

The router could be doing a number of things (actually, pretty close to
an infinite number) that could prevent this from working. We can't tell
what without more information. If you send the curl logs and the logs from
another ftp client that is successful, we might be able to give you some
pointers.

>>> Dan