Re: Desperate about the deadline 16th August

From: Roland Mösl <founder_at_pege.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 11:01:52 +0200

>>> 1. There is _no_ native oauth support in curl/libcurl right now.
>>
>> I was surprised by the post; excited if it were true, but wondering where curl
>> draws the line in what it supports. Aren't there plenty of oauth libraries out there already?
>>I know there are perl, php, bash, and a number of other mainstream interfaces
>> to oauth on the twitter wiki.

>My problem is, that I am stuck with an old Perl version.

>I think your real problem is that unless you get in your DeLorean
>and start writing code a few weeks ago,
>cURL is not going to >support oauth in time for your deadline 9 days from now.

>Therefore I suggest you abandon this course, and begin working on an
>alternative solution. It sounds to me like re-architecting your
>13 year-old insecure application to use Perl probably has a high liklihood of success.

I do not know why my code should be insecure.

It works good at my and all my clients.

Some new clients had before other CMS systems
with great problems.

They changed to my system, after I pointed out,
that my system does not have all this problems.

For me are 2 possible solutions:

1.) Use CURL with the header command and calulate
the proper oAuth Header in Perl

2.) Use an other software to make the oAuth part of the job

best regards

Roland Mösl