curl: (79) scp: /test.txt: No such file or directory

From: Sharma, Meghnath <meghnath.sharma_at_adeccona.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:48:53 -0400

Hi,

I am facing issue with curl SCP usage. I installed curl 7.19.6 on the AIX box but the default libssh2 that comes with this curl version is 0.16. With this version I was able to do FTP/SFTP/FTPS/SCP/HTTP/HTTPS without any issue except for SCP/SFTP I couldn't do file transfer for large size files.
Daniel suggested that the large file issue is due to the older version of libssh2 and indeed he was correct. Once I installed the libssh2 1.2 version, SFTP worked without any issue but to my disbelief SCP stopped working. Now, I cannot use SCP at all. Every time, I try to use SCP to upload / download file using key / password base authentication, I get the following error (text.txt is my test file):

curl: (79) scp: /test.txt: No such file or directory

I really can't figure out why this is not working. Can you please help me out.

$ curl -V
curl 7.19.6 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0) libcurl/7.19.6 GnuTLS/2.4.2 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.11 libssh2/1.2
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Thanks in advance,
Megh