Re: ftp and proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 23:17:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 May 2010, Michel RIGAUD wrote:

> I am using the following syntax to get to a ftp server via a ftp proxy :
> curl -x ftp.proxy.. -u login:password ftpserver.fr

Is that proxy really doing FTP or is it a HTTP proxy you want to get FTP over?

-x implies the latter.

> *501 syntax error : not find user command is USER user_at_site

That seems to imply that it really is talking FTP, and as there's no standard
way to speak FTP over a proxy you need to figure out how the proxy works and
craft the suitable set of options to use it.