Re: Specifying pem file works in linux, but not on windows

From: Henrik Majberger <henrik_at_majberger.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:16:04 +0100

2010/3/6 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Henrik Majberger wrote:
>
>> I've tried all the different solutions described here:
>> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
>>
>> All of them works on linux. On windows it just gives me the same old:
>> error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
>> failed
>
> And you used the same curl and OpenSSL versions? It sounds really strange...
>
> --
>
>  / daniel.haxx.se

Not really strange, no... Just plain silly. :-)

I copied the /etc/ssl/certs folder from my Linux-box to Windows and
used the curl option --capath to point them out.
Then the example from my original question worked just the way it should.

I suspect that all this is painfully obvious to anyone who has worked
with certificates...

//Henrik