Re: application does not support the browser being used...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:42:56 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Borden, Michael wrote:

> I run the same command as above and get this error...
>
> <MSG>This application does not support the browser you are using
> (curl/7.10.7 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0) libcurl/7.10.7 zlib/1.1.4). Please
> try again using Microsoft IE or Mozilla FireFox.</MSG>

That's something the server end decided to spew out based on some heuristics
that we don't know about. Most likely based on the user-agent string, or
cookies or something else.

> The cURL executable was copied from 5.3 to 6.1. So, yes it is an older
> version of cURL.

"older" being an understatement. >6 years old, 5 security vulnerabilities and
866 documented bug fixes since...

> 1. Does the cURL version that we are using not work with newer versions of
> FireFox? Firefox is installed on both servers.

curl doesn't work with firefox at all and it doesn't care about it the
slightest. So no.