RE: application does not support the browser being used...

From: <Jim.Young_at_cerner.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:20:47 -0600

Mike wrote:

History..

On Server A that is AIX 5.3
 With IBM HTTP server 6.0.2.21
WAS 6.0.2.21
With cURL 7.10.7
Mozilla 1.7.13

Curl works fine with the following command line...

curl --dump-header ${DMPFILE} -d "_ssoUser=$JOB_UID&_ssoPass=$JOB_PWD&_action=LOGIN&_fromLoginPage=TRUE&_language&_ssoOrigUrl=http:/ /${SERVERNAME}/lawson/portal/logondone.htm" http://${SERVERNAME}/sso/SSOServlet<http://$%7bSERVERNAME%7d/sso/SSOServlet>

What we are basically doing is creating a dump file that will send a request for a batch job on that server. These are programs that will run by submitting another request to the server. I can post the other command, but I can not get past the command above.

On Server B that is AIX6.1
 IBM HTTP server 7.0.0.5
WAS 7.0.0.5
The same cURL version as above.
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.17

I run the same command as above and get this error...

<MSG>This application does not support the browser you are using (curl/7.10.7 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0) libcurl/7.10.7 zlib/1.1.4). P
lease try again using Microsoft IE or Mozilla FireFox.</MSG>

The cURL executable was copied from 5.3 to 6.1. So, yes it is an older version of cURL.

I have tried downloading and compiling the newest version, but got compile errors. The Sys Admin is currently looking at that cause it looks like a license issue. So, I decided to post these questions.

The questions I have are...

1. Does the cURL version that we are using not work with newer versions of FireFox? Firefox is installed on both servers.

2. What do you think is causing the problems that I'm seeing?

I'm a little unclear as to exactly where you are running curl but if it's from AIX, I got a precompiled version from http://www.perzl.org/aix that works great. You need to download a number of packages (curl , expat, gettext, glib2, info, libidn, libssh2, openssl, pcre, pkg-config and zlib) for it to install completely but it's fairly straight forward and has all the latest & greatest features & fixes.

As for getting the web server to work with curl, could you use the "-user-agent" option to make it think it's talking to Mozilla (a.k.a. Firefox) rather than curl.

Jim Young

Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.