Re: Syntax authentification proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:35:03 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Michel RIGAUD wrote:

> These are the settings I use when there is a proxy
> Proxy_setup = " -U "+ProxyUser+":"+ProxyPassword+" -x
> "+ProxyAdresse
> And it works fine.
>
> Lately I had the following return with a ISA server :
> "The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request.
> Access denied"

You should then look at the full response headers to see what the proxy wants.
The Proxy-authenticate: headers have the info you seek.

> So I would like to understand the syntax to use the different method of
> authentification

Sounds likely, yes.

> 1. Where should I place --proxy-anyauth in the above line, does it replace
> -x? I saw examples where both are used

--proxy-anyauth just sets what auth methods to use with the proxy, so it
doesn't replace -x which tells curl what proxy to use.

> 2. instead of using anyauth what is the command that will allow me to
> request what is the authentification method that is used

There are several --proxy-* options that let you explicitly select the
specific auth method you want to use with your proxy. See the manual or curl
--help output.