How to retain original URL in links in web pages downloaded with curl.exe?

From: code writer <code-writer_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:59:58 -0500

I am using curl.exe to do periodic "save page as" of a frequently updated web page.
I am doing this so I can see what is there only a short while.
The frequently updated web page has links to many rarely updated pages, which I do not want to download.
I want to be able to open one of the saved hard drive copies of the frequently updated page with a browser,
and follow the links out to pages still on the web.
Currently curl.exe is writing "file" instead of the name of the web server at the start of the URLs in the links within
the saved web pages, so a browser can not follow the link back to the web.

How can I get curl.exe to write the original links unchanged in the html written to my hard drive?