Re: Curl Issue help

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:11:33 -0600

At 09:57 -0400 9/23/09, Fadia, Mansi wrote:
Error:-
SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
* Closing connection #0

I.m no expert on curl but I regularly have problems that look similar to yours with scp (secure copy using SSL). Even a restart of one of the machines can cause it.

There are two public keys involved. Your own which works with the authorized_keys file in your $HOME/.ssh directory on the host machine. The other is the machine's public key which resides in /etc/ssh/id_rsa.pub or something similar.

For scp and ssh to work without a password the host's machine certificate needs to be in your $HOME/.ssh/known_hosts file but scp has no way to get them there. It's possible to edit the new file in but it would have to be delivered from the host.

A login using ssh will allow for password certification after which the entry into known_hosts will be done for you. A one-time login with ssh is all it takes but if that's not allowed. . . .

And yes; curl may be entirely different.

--
--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--