cURL - AXL SOAP Service returns Content is not allowed in prolog.

From: Lunn, Keith <keith_lunn_at_fanniemae.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 21:20:19 -0400

Hello,
I am new to cURL and I just installed v7.19.5 on Win XP Pro.
I am trying to send a SOAP request to a service called AXL. The SOAP
payload I am using is identical to a payload I use in a program - and
that works fine inside my program. But when I use cURL and the exact
same SOAP payload, the service returns an error "Content is not allowed
in prolog".
Execution:
>D:\Data\Utils\cURL\curl-7.19.5\curl.exe -k -u user1:pass1 -H
executeSQLQuery.xml https://10.28.21.66:8443/axl/
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Header/>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>Content is not allowed in prolog.</faultstring>
<detail>
<axl:Error xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/6.1">
<axl:code>5001</axl:code>
<axl:message>Content is not allowed in prolog.</axl:message>
<request/>
</axl:Error>
</detail>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

My posting file (executeSQLQuery.xml ) contents:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:axlns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/6.1">
<SOAP-ENV:Header/>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<axlns:executeSQLQuery sequence="600">
<sql>SELECT userid, firstname, lastname FROM enduser WHERE firstname
LIKE 'Ke%';<sql>
</axlns:executeSQLQuery>
</SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Does anyone have any ideas?