Re: ssl handshake failure with xfb gateway ftps server

From: Gilles Hamel <hamelg_at_laposte.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:07:59 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I'd say that wireshark and gdb are two good tools to use for this. And
> you probably also need to read up on some SSL/TLS details....
Wireshark reveals that SNI (Server Name Indication) enabled by default
in TLSv1 raises the handshake failure. If we use the server IP address
or if we switch to SSLv3, the handshake goes to the end successfully.
I see in this thread http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-02/0050.html
talks about an option to disable SNI extension, but it doesn't exist ...