Re: enforcing ~/.netrc permissions

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 23:37:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Eric Wong wrote:

> "Curl will not complain if that file hasn’t the right permissions (it should
> not be world nor group readable)."
>
> Was this this a design decision or just something nobody has gotten around
> to implementing? If the latter, I wouldn't mind providing a patch to make
> it complain or even return an error.

I just never bothered to do the check and I've not yet came across anyone who
has even mentioned it. So my conclusion is that people really doesn't care
that much about it.

Changing this behavior now with no particular call for it would then rather
risk that we introduce problems to existing users methinks.