Re: PC curl availability

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:14:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Steve Roberts wrote:

Please don't top-post and full-quote on this list.

> and saw the shininglight productions link and clicked that. On
> shininglightpro.com it recommended Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8k
> Light<http://www.shininglightpro.com/download/Win32OpenSSL_Light-0_9_8k.exe>.
> So I downloaded that. When I tried to run the executable it gave me the
> message "The Win32 OpenSSL Installation Project setup has detected that the
> following critical component is missing: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
> Redistributables"

Uhga. Well that seems completely stupid and unnecessary for a mere installer
of two simple DLLs. I'd suggest you get another package instead then. Like one
of them hosted by curl.haxx.se itself.

> then I found THIS
> <http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2008-09/0036.html#start>.
> (http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2008-09/0036.html#start) which gave me
> hope but when I started doing it the openSSL.bat was trying to run perl on
> my PC which I don't have.

Right, but that's about building openssl from source.

> If what you are telling me is all I need is your executable and two dlls
> that is great. Does that mean I just find a copy of libeay32.dll and put it
> in the same folder as curl.exe? What is the other dll?

libssl32.dll