Re: PC curl availability

From: Steve Roberts <steve.roberts_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:21:48 -0700

There is life out there!! Thanks Daniel for getting back to me. This has
been a discouraging week. (Obviously I'm not a rocket scientist. :-)

I downloaded your (thank you very much) win32 7.19.5 SSL package, extracted
it and then clicked on curl.exe and got the message "libeay32.dll: was not
found. Then I noticed on your download page it said: "For the SSL-compiled
Curl packages you need the OpenSSL libraries/DLLs. " so I went down the page
and saw the shininglight productions link and clicked that. On
shininglightpro.com it recommended Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8k
Light<http://www.shininglightpro.com/download/Win32OpenSSL_Light-0_9_8k.exe>.
So I downloaded that. When I tried to run the executable it gave me the
message "The Win32 OpenSSL Installation Project setup has detected that the
following critical component is missing: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
Redistributables" then it had a link for that. It was at this point I
decided my users couldn't be bothered with loading up all this stuff. (I now
understand that once I get an executable they wouldn't have to.) Anyway
then I found THIS <http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2008-09/0036.html#start>.
(http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2008-09/0036.html#start) which gave me
hope but when I started doing it the openSSL.bat was trying to run perl on
my PC which I don't have. I must be Google search term impaired because
I've tried everything looking for a simple way to do this. If what you are
telling me is all I need is your executable and two dlls that is great. Does
that mean I just find a copy of libeay32.dll and put it in the same folder
as curl.exe? What is the other dll?

Thanks again Daniel for your response to what I'm sure if simple stuff.

-steve-