curl - ftp download and upload

From: Craig Liddle <cliddl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:53:29 +0000

Hi

This should be simple for one of you curl gurus

We are evaluating curl to use with one of our clients. We need to mimic the following ftp script within the curl command line

        put ${log_dir}/selection_file /dev/tfs/FTFRptReq
        get /dev/tfs/FTFRptA ${log_dir}/ftfreport
        rename /dev/tfs/FTFRptReq /dev/tfs/END

This all has to be in the same session, otherwise the other end will reject the subsequent requests

I have translated the above ftp script into the following curl command line

curl --ftp-method nocwd --user ftpuser -T /tmp/selfile ftp://server//dev/tfs/BiiDelExpReq ftp://server//dev/tfs/BiiDelExp -o /tmp/file_from_server -Q "-RNFR /dev/tfs/BiiDelExpReq" -Q "-RNTO /dev/tfs/END"

The put works, but the download is printed to stdout (it ignores the -o).

Can curl offer me what i want without having to develope a program using libcurl?

If curl can't give me what i want, does anyone know of an alternitve ftp-ssl (i know the example doesnt use it - but this is the ultimate aim) tool that is compatible with AIX.

I've tried to compile lftp with no joy. I know JSCAPE is another possibilty,

Hoping i can get curl to work

Cheers

Craig