Re: How do I post a file from command line

From: David Hounsome <hounsome.david_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 14:19:12 +0100

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 May 2009, David Hounsome wrote:
>
>> ended up going down the perl LWP route which dumped the whole text file
>> into one huge message (in case it was the hardware's problem).  Maybe Curl
>> could have this option?
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand. Can you elaborate on how this works?
>
> --
>
>  / daniel.haxx.se

Curl (firefox and IE) "seem" to chop the message up into seperate
small chunks, each part sperated by the hex value boundry value
(-----------------------------7d92fd0a04d4) each chunk is sent in
turn, after each arrives the target requests the next and then
reconstructs the message when it has them all. For some reason, my
hardware would recieve the first and no more would get sent. I did
not have time to work out why they were not being sent (if it was a
hardware or Curl problem) so I had to find a different method of
sending the message. LWP in perl is less clever than curl, rather
than sending lots of small messages, it sends one huge message with
all the data in it. So, might it be possible to add an option to curl
to send large messages in one go rather than chopping them up?

I'll also re-iterate what i started this string with, I'm new to curl
(only a couple of weeks of use), it worked perfectly for the two other
problems I had but not this one. My conclussion as to what happened
is based on analysis of the symptoms I was seeing. I could very
easily have mis-diagnosed the symptoms, but in the time scales I
have/had this was the best i could come up with.

Thanks again for reading/helping

Regards

Dave