problems posting weird characters"çÃó"

From: Luis Fernandes <lpfernandes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 18:42:20 +0100

Dear all

For quite some time know I have been struggling with a problem in posting
some data to a form with curl.

The data that I need to post is the following:

*
ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderMain$SimulaçãoAutomóvelContentPlaceHolderMain1$Wizard1$DropDownListAno=2006
*

As you can see it includes the characters"*ó*" and "*ç*". The problem is
that when I pass that to curl the those characters get reaplced by "." this
is the command that I use:

curl -d @cont.txt --max-redirs 0 -w %{num_redirects} -i --trace-ascii
./log.txt -L -b ./cookie.txt -c ./cookie.txt -e "
http://www.segurodirecto.pt/simulacao_seguro_automovel.aspx" -D ./header
s.txt -O http://www.segurodirecto.pt/simulacao_seguro_automovel.aspx

and this is the header that gets sent:

*
ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderMain$Simula........oAutom....velContentPlaceHolderMain1$Wizard1$DropDownListAno=2006
*

So if you could please give some hints on how to fix this, I have tried
several solutions but so far nothing as worked and it is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

Luis