Trying to compile ssh2

From: Honey Dont <jawihar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Hello there. I've been using Andrei Jakab's pdf manual "Using-libcurl-with-SSH-support-in-Visual-Studio-2008.pdf.   I was able to install OpenSSL fine.  But I am unable to compile libssh2.  I know there have been version updates since this manual has been written, but it seems that the differences I encountered were minor enough to not make a difference.  But, hey, what do I know?

I am using openssl-0.9.8i and libssh2-1.0

 I still had to add #undef OCSP_RESPONSE in ossl_typ.h for openssl.

When I opened up libssh2.dsw the file structure displayed exactly as illustrated in the pdf. The  libssh__config.h file now only has 42 lines instead of over 60, but the defines Andrei wants in the file are already there and I commented out the define for zlib. The ifdef condition these defines exist in has changed from _MSC_VER to  #if _MSC_VER < 1500.
I say all of this just to provide detail.  I also commented out the __declspec line in the API define.

To avoid clutter in this message, I've posted the compiler output here:

 http://dpaste.com/2744/

It shows that libssh2_lib compiled fine.  Then, at line 40, it tries to compile libssh2_dll. This confuses me since I thought this was a static build, but anyway, I get the same error for the same line of code 16 times:

Cannot open include file: 'openssl/opensslconf.h': No such file or directory

So, this makes me question the project properties.  My Additional Include Directories read so  ..\include;C:\openssl_lib\include;..\win32

In Librarian\General the OutputFile is Debug_lib\libssh2.lib   The Additional Dependencies are set to "libeay32.lib ssleay32.lib"  -- without the quotes.

Probably most important is the Additional Library Directories and that is set to C:\openssl_lib\lib  I've gone into this folder and confirmed that I do have openssl/opensslconf.h   -- is the forward slash making a difference somehow?

The compiler then attempts to build simple.c  and I am unsure of those errors also, but all of that might depend on the failure preceeding it.

I appreciate all and any help.

Thanks.