libcurl and rtorrent

From: Brandon Blackmoor <bblackmoor_at_blackgate.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:08:54 -0500

Hello. I am new to this list.

I am running rtorrent on Fedora 10. It crashes, often, with a
segmentation fault. From my investigation, the culprit appears to be
that Fedora 10 uses an out of date version of libcurl (7.18.2):

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/ticket/1608

Unless I have a compelling reason not to, I use yum to manage installed
packages. From examining the version of libcurl currently installed,
there appear to be a great many other packages which depend on libcurl.
Am I mistaken in thinking that manually upgrading my version of curl &
libcurl would entail manually updating all of these dependent packages,
as well?

Or am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?

Thank you for your assistance.

--
bblackmoor_at_blackgate.net
2009-01-25