Re: Question on submiting a POST form

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:11:39 -0800

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 08:02:42PM -0800, Q Zhu wrote:
> I tried the -d "CusipNum=3128K0G49&PoolNum=&Report=DES&TaxYear=2008" with the
> URL page that I am trying to send with curl, http://www.freddiemac.com/mbs/html
> /sd_pc_lookup.html and still I can't get it to work. Someone mentioned cookies
> and by looking at this, I have no idea how to deal with that part either...

Cookies are enabled with the -b and -c options.

Are you using http://www.freddiemac.com/mbs/html/sd_pc_lookup.html as the POST
URL? That's definitely a problem--the URL to post to should be
http://www.freddiemac.com/mbs/cgi-bin/lookup2.pl

> I apologize in advance if I am violating any rules by using an actual URL page
> here in this forum and having no clues about at least 90% of the above HTML
> content -:) I figure what's the worst it could happen since I am ready to give
> up using any command line tools to send this URL...

We prefer that since it's possible to actually test a live URL. Has anyone
pointed you to http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html yet? That goes
into the kinds of things you need to do to in this kind of application.

>>> Dan