Re: Curl, SFTP and distribution of curl inside custom app?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:31:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Hagimeno wrote:

> Hi, I need to use curl with both FTP and SFTP and to include the new
> compiled version to a sw that can run on both 10.4.x or 10.5.x on PPC and
> Intel. I downloaded the latest release. Someone can you help me about how to
> compile including the libs for ssh and use curl with sftp?

Can you please tell us what docs/INSTALL and ./configure --help lack that made
you not figure this out?

"./configure --with-libssh2" should produce a build with FTP and SFTP support,
assuming you have libssh2 installed.

> Which compiled files (curl) I need to embed in the Applescript Studio app to
> distribute a custom app that use latest version of curl with sftp support?

If you build curl to use shared libs then you need to make sure your target
systems have them installed or you include them in your relase package as
well. Or else you make the whole thing a static build.