multi-line parameter

From: <wehmann_at_fnal.gov>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:18:05 -0500

I am using curl on a PC running MS Windows XP Professional. I run via
a batch file from the DOS command window. Today I was trying to
submit a multi-line parameter to a Perl script which normally is fed
by a HTML form. I tried numerous variations of this on the command
line in the batch file, but eventually had to pass the parameter value
via a file, as in

-F signofflist="<signatures.txt"

where the file "signatures.txt" contained the signatures on separate
lines. That worked fine, but I am left wondering if there is a way of
doing this directly on the command line without using a file? I
wasn't sufficiently clever with Google searches to find an example of
doing this.