ftp upload -frustrated newb question

From: Samuel Fitz <sam_at_samfitz.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:28:09 -0600

i have been playing with cURL/terminal in an attempt to streamline my
website updates. in the long run i hope to use cURL to manage the
remote image directory of up to 30 sites, but at present would be
happy to get it to work with one!

i'm using terminal on a mac and when i submit this command line:
curl -T "/local/file/path/test.gif"
ftp://******:*******@www.allacadia.com//www/allacadia.com/images/site/

i get this response:
curl: Can't open '/local/file/path/test.gif'!
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

what i know: the ftp path is good. without the upload command i can
connect to the ftp fine using cURL. i'm pretty sure the local filepath
is good too. if i enter the path in terminal i get "cannot execute
binary file" which tells me terminal is finding it.

as far as i know it shouldn't be a permissions issue...

i hate to repeat questions, but i haven't found anything after several
hours of searching and am at my wit's end!

--
Samuel Fitz
sam_at_samfitz.com