SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

From: Etienne Bégin <etienne.begin_at_ebconsulting.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:33:55 -0400

Hi,

I am setting up a script which will HTTPS post an XML document to a server.
The remote system folks have sent me the CA Certificate, and when I run
curl --cacert <capath> <url> I get the following error:

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed

My thought was they must have sent me the wrong CA Cert ! So I have
downloaded it using the following command:

openssl s_client -connect <host> -debug

Even when using the cert downloaded I still get the error code (60) from
curl. Does anyone have tips to help me troubleshoot this problem ?

If I must post any other info please let me know ! I am quite new to SSL
and curl so please forgive me in advance for my ignorance.

Regards,
Etienne Begin.