Re: Patch to use GSSAPI authentication for socks5 connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:23:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008, Markus Moeller wrote:

> Find attached a patch that allows socks connections with GSSAPI
> authentication to the socks proxy.

Thanks! I've cc'ed my reply to the curl-library list which seems more suitable
for further discussions about this patch.

My comments on the patch:

  o I can't comment on the actual function as I have no GSS-capable socks proxy
    to test against nor have I checked out it is supposed to work. I just take
    your word that it works!

  o It doesn't follow the curl coding style: too long lines, different indent
    level etc.

  o The check_sspi_err() function should be static and has the open brace
    positioned like we don't do in curl code, but most importantly it is very
    repeatitive with many almost identical lines. Clearly that can be written
    nicer, which for example only one failf() call using a name pointer set
    by the switch(), or possibly the names could just be in an array that you
    lookup using the 'major_status' variable or similar.

  o I think 65600 bytes is a tad bit much to allocate on the stack and would
    rather see such a large chunk be allocated and thus subsequently freed.