Re: Is there a curl windows binary with sftp/libssh support available ?

From: Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 19:45:22 +0100

>On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Wei Weng wrote:
>
>> http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.19.0-win32-ssl-sspi.zip
>>
>> I don't have a windows machine handy, so I can not say whether the WIN32
>> generic binary supports sftp or not.
>
>Unfortunately it doesn't. The ones I build are cross-compiled on Linux and
>libssh2 is not easily cross-compiled so that's not included. One of these
>days
>we'll get that fixed in libssh2 and we shall have this in the "generic
>binary"...
>
>--
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

OK I found out how to build a statically linked curl.exe using VC++ 2008
Express. I have attached some files I had to modify.

1. Get openssl-0.9.8h
2. Compile openssl-0.9.8.h using openssl.bat from the attached
openssl-0.9.8.h-diff.zip file
2. Replace include files in inc32/openssl with the one from the zip file.
There seems to be a circular dependency in the two header files with which
VC++ Express can not work
4. Get zlib-1.2.3
5. Unzip attached zlib-1.2.3-diff.zip and run zlib.bat
6. Get libssh2-0.18
7. Unzip attached libssh2-0.18-diff.zip and run libssh2.bat
8. Get curl-7.19.0
9. Unzip attached curl-7.19.0-diff.zip and run curl.bat

The result will be a curl.exe in curl-7.19.0/src

Markus