Not enough files for URLs

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:34:01 -0700

Back in May, a problem was posted here by Von involving multiple uploads in a
single command. The problem was eventually solved, but along the way I
noticed another problem. If curl is invoked with a single -T option but
two http URLs, the second PUT doesn't include a Content-Length: or
Transfer-Encoding: chunked header, which is illegal. I've created test case
1065 to show this.

It's not clear what the best solution to this is. Should curl treat the
second upload as an upload of /dev/null and add a Content-Length: 0 header
or should curl exit with a syntax error of some sort, since there are more
URLs than files available to upload? Since deep down it's likely a libcurl
problem, I suspect we'll get the first option free with a libcurl fix, but
should curl detect this itself and warn the user?

>>> Dan